I have to say I am SO excited for our Nettle herb box and magazine! Nettles are one of those unloved, unwanted “weeds” that are actually a wonderful powerhouse of herbal goodness. Herbalists use nettles on a daily basis as a bit of a balancing liquid multivitamin packed full of nutritional deliciousness. One of the best things about nettles are that you don’t just have to enjoy them as a tea or tincture, you can eat all the nettles you like! They are the perfect replacement for spinach in any cooked recipe and a very versatile food herb over all. In this issue we have several recipes and are still just scratching the surface with this wonderful herb.
The issue will include:
- Letter from the Publisher
- Nettle Herbal Monograph
- Nettle Flower Essence and instructions on how to make a flower essence
- Nettle Herbal Infusion
- History and Mythology of Nettles – How nettles got their sting.
- Nettles for Self Care and Nourishment
- Nettle for Skincare – Nettle Skin Salve Recipe
- Nettles for Hair
- Cucumber Nettle Soap Recipe
- Nettle Sauerkraut Recipe
- Nettle Gnocchi Recipe
- Nettle Pesto, Infused Vinegar, Infused Port and other delicious nettle recipes.
The herb box will include:
- A professionally printed print out with step by step instructions.
- Copious amounts of organic dried nettle leaf
- Nettle-Cucumber soap bar from The Nerdy Farm Wife
- A quart sized jar for making your herbal infusions in
- A mesh strainer for straining your herbal tea
- Ingredients to make a nettle, plantain, calendula salve – a wonderful salve for the skin