Have you heard of the Oil Cleansing Method? It has completely changed my life, well my skin anyway. I have always had skin problems growing up. In Arizona I had quite oily skin, and when we moved to Washington my skin was very dry. I started making my oil cleansing method concoctions in Washington and it helped my skin, but felt too heavy. When Lori brought me a sample of her oil cleansing blend I was hooked!
Lori is a mother, clinical herbalist, and in the process of taking charge of her own health, and owner of the Easy store LC of Acirema. She is a practicing clinical herbalist in Arvada Colorado, but she found that her favorite part of her consultations with clients was formulating custom skin and body care items for them. Thus, the herbal skincare kit was born. This formulation is balanced, working for both oily and dry skin, and infused with herbs and love.
From her Etsy description:
“At l.c. of acirema, we believe that “all natural” means that every single, last ingredient is natural. Not that the main ingredient is natural and that’s enough. Or even that almost all ingredients are natural, besides the fragrance oil and synthetic preservatives. At l.c. of acirema we use only natural ingredients and that includes our natural preservatives. We are….
* sulfate/sls-free *phenoxyethanol-free
* caprlyl glycol (Optiphen)-free * synthetic color-free
*corn, cottonseed, canola and soybean oil-free * petroleum-free
*Never any mineral oil, no solvent-extracted carrier oils, no Tetra-sodium EDTA, no polysorbate 20 or 80.
* And no fragrance oils. The term “fragrance” can have up to 4,000 separate chemicals, which the FDA does not require the manufacturer to list. Many of these chemicals are carcinogenic, toxic, or hormone disruptors.”
- This kit has everything you need to get started toward more natural cleansing and care of your skin!
- 2 oz bottle of “Mug Preference, a facial oil: use to remove make-up or cleanse to refresh. (P.S. this cleanser is also fantastic at removing eye make-up!) You can even use “Mug Preference, a facial oil”, as a moisturizer! Easy to follow instructions for cleansing and moisturizing are included in every kit.
- 2 oz bottle of “Queen of Mug Herbal Toner”: tone, astringe, anytime. Use a cotton ball to apply “Queen of Mug Herbal Toner”. Ever wondered “why?” these products work so well? Read all about it in the lil’ instruction manual included in every kit!
- 1 oz pump of “Eye Pop/Skin Revitalizing Lotion”: learn how to correctly apply around the eye area and don’t forget to pamper the rest of your face! ***Will have a blue label***
- .8 oz “Skin Restorative Infusion”, loose leaf tea formula. Find out how to brew a powerhouse cup of tea which is much more potent than a 5-minute cup of tea. And find out how to start healing your skin from the inside out!
- Instructional booklet going over each step for all natural facial care, and for each product. If you have additional questions, you can easily convo me!
Now you have heard it from her, here is my take. As an herbalist and a DIY lover, I could totally make my own oil cleansing method, and I’m sure, after a few dozen tries with expensive oils and herbs I might find a formula I enjoy. But lets be honest, I don’t have the time or energy to create something so intensive when I can just purchase it from a dear friend, work at home mom, and fantastic herbalist.
Lets talk about the Oil Cleansing Method for a second. The idea is one that is found in basic chemistry: Like dissolves like. Oil dissolves oil. Its that simple. We use oil to clean our skin, which dissolves the oil and helps bring away the dirt and gross stuff that binds to the oil on our skin.
When we use the oil cleansing method, we apply the oil to our skin, place a warm towel over the face, and allow the heat and fantastic smell from the oil to relax you (and your pores). Wipe off the face after a minute and you are done! As a side note, its completely ok to rub this all over your body and take a nice steamy hot shower. Your skin will feel SO GOOD afterward, you will wish the oil came in gallon buckets.
You can then use the beautiful facial toner afterward to tone and tighten the pores. It is made with apple cider vinegar and herbs and oh so fantastic.
Then, there is the eye pop syrup – which I use as a facial lotion, although she calls it an under eye syrum. I just rub that on like a facial lotion. The smell is SO GOOD and relaxing. The lotion contains blue chamomile essential oil which is very anti-inflammatory and so soothing.
I can tell you right now this is the best way to start and end the day. Oh so good.
The kit also includes a sampler of her skin restorative infusion. This is an herbal tea blend that was designed to support healthy and beautiful skin from the inside out.
This kit is something everyone should try! I am such a fan girl and have been using it for years. I suggest you try it too! You can find it on her Etsy site here.
Also, Lori is offering all of our readers 10% off of anything in her Etsy store by using the coupon code SWEETANNIVERSARY10.