I love garlic. I could eat a whole clove of roasted garlic at one sitting and be happy as a clam – even if I do smell like garlic for a week. Thankfully my husband doesn’t mind the garlic smell as he is used to me smelling like a well herbed Italian meal. Just think, by eating a meal with rosemary, basil, garlic, marjoram, oregano not only am I enjoying an amazing meal, but I am also enjoying the health benefits of all these herbs in one sitting without tinctures, salves, infusions, decoctions or other time consuming herbal preparations. Have a cold? Have some well herbed chicken soup – a delicious dose of medicinal herbs in one sitting and the kids don’t even know they have taken their “medicine”.
Not only is garlic delicious and easy to add to just about any savory (and occasionally sweet) recipe making it an easy addition to most meals, it is also a medicinal gold mine. Its antibiotic properties are what people focus on most but it is also a well-known cardio and hepato-protective – making it a tonic that can be enjoyed daily with great health benefits.
We include garlic in our meals at least once a day but when my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure we decided to add kyolic garlic capsules to his daily routine. Large amounts of fresh garlic give him indigestion so supplementing with fresh herb, in this case, would not work for him. Kyolic is one brand (of many) that makes scent free garlic that does not cause the unwanted indigestion some get from fresh garlic. This way, he gets the health benefits of garlic without the unwanted side effects which is nice.
We love garlic, as you can tell, and hope after this issue you will too. Enjoy!
The Garlic issue will include these articles:
- Letter From The Publisher
- Garlic Materia Medica
- Garlic Flower Essence
- Garlic History and Mythology
- Garlic for the Cardiovascular System
- Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers! – (Growing garlic and recipes for fire cider and 4 thieves vinegar. )
- Garlic Ear Oil
- Garlic Kitchen Medicine (including recipes for bruchetta, garlic vinegar and oxymel, and garlic infused honey)
- Garlic – A Powerful Kitchen Ally (includes recipes for garlic paste, pickled garlic, garlic syrup, garlic scapes pesto, garlic onion curry)
- Get The Garlic In – For Children and Picky Eaters (includes recipes for GOOT, hummus, sweet juice, vinaigrette and guacamole)
The Large Garlic Herb Box Will Include
This herb box is different than others, there isn’t really a good “garlic tea” we can send out, but because we won’t be getting ingredients for tea it allows us to put more money into other ingredients! FYI this box will smell pungent (in a good way). Each box includes a magazine subscription.
- Dry Garlic
- 1 Clove Fresh Volcanic Garlic (grown in CO)
- Garlic Flower Essence (this is a great one to have)
- Roasted Garlic Sel Gris
- The ingredients to make traditional fire cider! We are talking fresh herbs mailed straight to you so you can make your own traditional fire cider. Good stuff.
The Small Garlic Herb Box Will Include
Each box includes a magazine subscription.
- Dry Garlic
- 1 Clove Fresh Volcanic Garlic
- The ingredients to make traditional fire cider (This will be smaller than the size you will find in the large herb box)